12K Rules and Regulations
Click here for more information...
Rules and Regulations
1. General InformationErciyes Hacılar Gate – Tekir Gate 12K trail is a trail run that takes places along the eastern hills of the Erciyes Volcano in Kayseri. The distance is about 12 km with an elevation loss of 830 m+. The race starts on July 3, 2021 at 9:00 in Erciyes Mountain Ski Resort on Hacılar Gate and ends at Tekir Gate. Participants should finish the route under 3 hours in a semi-sufficient way, i.e. They should carry equipment that is necessary to ensure the safety of their run for possible weather conditions.
2. ParticipationThe event is open to anyone aged 18 and over who are in possession of either (a) a valid medical certificate or (b) a valid license issued by a related sports federation either of which does not expire before July 3, 2021 and indicates that the person can participate to long distance runs. These documents will be checked by the organization before the race. Participants are advised to be experienced about running on the paths and mountainous terrains.
a) Registration procedureOnly registered runners can participate to the event. Registration will only be available online at skyerciyes.com. Deadline for registration is June 18, 2021 or when the maximum number of 250 participants have registered. Organization has the right to register additional runners under certain conditions. A registration cannot be transferred, and organization will not allow another person to run on behalf of a registered participant.
b) Registration feeThe registration fee is 20 Euro until 1 April, 2021, 25 Euro between 2 April-June 18, 2021.For participants who register after 1 April, 2021 the registration fee is paid at registration time (or within 3 days for bank transfer). For participants who have registered before that date, the registration fee can be paid by one of the methods listed on the web site until June 18, 2021. The amount of the registration fee is based on the payment date. After 2 April, 2021, the fee will be increased automatically. Registrations which are not paid until June 18, 2021 will be cancelled. Only registrations with full payment will be taken into consideration for the maximum participant limit. For the final participant list, priority will be given to registrations that have completed the payment process over registrations that pre-date these but are unpaid. Organization has the right to reduce this fee under certain conditions. Registration fee includes:
- Airport transfer before and after the race from/to Kayseri bus station, from/to Erciyes Mountain Ski Resort
- Race bib
- Race t-shirt
- Assistance and refreshments along the route
- Pasta party before the race
- Refreshments after the race
- Finisher medal for participants who successfully completed the race
c) CancellationRegistration fee will be refunded entirely within a month if a registration is cancelled before 10 April, 2021. There won’t be any refunds after this date. No refund of the registration fee will be made should the race be cancelled or interrupted due to reasons beyond the control of the organization, such as bad weather conditions. In the condition of cancellation due to health problems, registration fee will be refunded just only by producing a detailed health report.
4. Distribution of Race PacksRace packs including the race bibs will be distributed at the registration area front of Erciyes Corp., in Erciyes Tekir Plateau Ski Resort Erciyes A.Ş., on the dates listed below. You can find registration area at http://tinyurl.com/oyjqcov
- July 2, 2021 –13:00-22:00
- July 3, 2021 – 05:00-06:30
5. Race StartThe race starts July 3, 2021 at 9:00 at Erciyes Hacılar Gate Ski Resort , Kayseri. Participants are required to be at the start area at least 30 minutes in advance, i.e. before 8:30. Participants will be shuttled from Tekir Gate at 07:30 to the start point. There will be changing rooms and a bag deposit. The deposited bags can be retrieved at the end of the race by showing the race bib. The Organization cannot be held responsible for any items left unattended in or outside of the bag deposit area.
6. Race RouteErciyes 12K Trail starts from Ski Resort on Hacılar Gate, Erciyes Volcano, there is a (yalçın base lift station)CP at 6,5K of race route and finishes at Tekir Gate (12K). Race passes through paths and narrow paths with the mixture of stones and soil. The route will be marked with reflective bands and other means. Any departures from the official route entails disqualification.
- Yalçın Base Lift Station (CP)
7. Time LimitsVehicles (or rescue teams) shall be present to pick up the participants that withdraw or are injured and take them back to the finish area. Becouse of the mountain conditions, long way walking may be need .Participants who abandon the race between start and finish should inform the organization as soon as possible and return back to the closest point possible. Participants who successfully reach the finish point Kent Ormanı will be transferred to Tekir Pond, Finish point by organization. There will be closed rest area, hot water, drinks and food supply for the participants who have to wait organization for transportation to Tekir Pond, Finish point.
8. Environmental AwarenessThe race takes place in an important mountain terrain of Turkey with a natural ecosystem. Participants are therefore required to fully respect the natural environment, in particular by not throwing away rubbish, and harm the natural habitat. Acting otherwise shall lead to disqualification. In order to reduce the amount of garbage, there won’t be any plastic cups at the refreshment points. Participants are required to carry their own drinking cups or water bottles. Nature friendly waymarks are going to be used for marking of the route. All waymarks will be cleaned up just after the race .Because of the circumstances outside of our control, lost and flied away pieces of waymarks will be dissolved in nature in 3 months.
9. Health and SafetyIn case of bad weather conditions, such as dense fog or storm, the organization reserves the right to make last minute changes in order to prevent potential hazards or difficult conditions for the participants. This may include suspending or cancelling the race, or making modifications to the route. The participants should obey these decisions. Any changes will be announced to the participants before the race, or at refreshment points during the race. Medical teams and ambulance will be present at the main refreshment stations and important points determined by the organization. Their exact location will be announced before the race. Medical personnel can check the participants during the race and decide to stop their race if deemed necessary for health reasons. The participants should obey these decisions.
10. Mandatory EquipmentDuring the race, the participants are obliged to carry the mandatory items listed below:
- Running Shoes
- Race bib (should be visible all times)
- Mobile phone (organization and emergency numbers should be present)
- At least 1 lt of water
- Hat, cap or bandana
- Self-adhesive ,stretch band(min. 1 m)
- It is highly recommended to run with “Trail running shoes”
- it is highly recommended to carry the following material:
- Food (e.g. energy gels or bars)
- Sun Glasses, sun protection cosmetics
11. Disqualification and Time PenaltiesThe following actions lead to immediate disqualification from the race:
- Not passing from any of the checkpoints.
- Taking a short cut or using a vehicle.
- Getting support except designated refreshment points.
- Failing to help a participant in difficulty.
- Throwing away rubbish or harming the natural habitat.
- Rejecting to be checked by the medical personnel.
- Not obeying the decisions given by the medical personnel or organization.
12. ResultsPartial results during and the official results after the race will be announced at skyerciyes.com web site. Results will be ranked in the following categories:
- Men/Women 40- (1982-2002)
- Men/Women 40+ (1980-1970)
- Men/Women 50+ (1970 and older)