Rules and Regulations
Click here for detailed information...
Rules and Regulations
1. General InformationErciyes 25K Trail is a trail run that takes places along the northern and eastern hills and valleys of the Erciyes Volcano in Kayseri. The distance is about 25 km with an elavation gain of 1.400 m+ The race starts on July 3, 2021 at 8:00 in Sarıgöl Lake and ends at Erciyes Mountain Ski Resort on Tekir Platoo. Participants should finish the route under 6 hours and 30 minutes in a semi-sufficient way, i.e. they should carry equipment that is necessary to ensure the safety of their run for possible weather conditions.
2. ParticipationThe event is open to anyone aged 18 and over who are in possession of either (a) a valid medical certificate or (b) a valid license issued by a related sports federation either of which does not expire before July 3, 2021 and indicates that the person can participate to long distance runs. These documents will be checked by the organization before the race. Participants are advised to be experienced about running on the paths and mountainous terrains.
a) Registration procedureOnly registered runners can participate to the event. Registration will only be available online at skyerciyes.com. Deadline for registration is June 18, 2021 or when the maximum number of 250 participants have registered. Organization has the right to register additional runners under certain conditions. A registration cannot be transferred, and organization will not allow another person to run on behalf of a registered participant.
b) Registration feeThe registration fee is 25 Euro until 1 April, 2020, 35 Euro . Between April 2 – June 18, 2021. For participants who register after April 2, 2021 the registration fee is paid at registration time (or within 3 days for bank transfer). For participants who have registered before that date, the registration fee can be paid by one of the methods listed on the web site until June 18, 2021. The amount of the registration fee is based on the payment date. After April 2 , 2021, the fee will be increased automatically. Registrations which are not paid until June 18, 2021 will be cancelled. Only registrations with full payment will be taken into consideration for the maximum participant limit. For the final participant list, priority will be given to registrations that have completed the payment process over registrations that pre-date these but are unpaid. Organization has the right to reduce this fee under certain conditions. Registration fee includes:
- Airport transfer before and after the race from/to Kayseri bus station, from/to Erciyes Mountain Ski Resort
- Race bib
- Race t-shirt
- Assistance and refreshments along the route
- Pasta party before the race
- Refreshments after the race
- Finisher medal for participants who successfully completed the race
c) CancellationRegistration fee will be refunded entirely within a month if a registration is cancelled before April 10, 2020. There won’t be any refunds after this date. No refund of the registration fee will be made should the race be cancelled or interrupted due to reasons beyond the control of the organization, such as bad weather conditions. In the condition of cancellation due to health problems, registration fee will be refunded just only by producing a detailed health report.
4. Distribution of Race PacksRace packs including the race bibs will be distributed at the registration area front of Erciyes Corp., in Erciyes Tekir Plateau Ski Resort Erciyes A.Ş., on the dates listed below. You can find registration area at http://tinyurl.com/oyjqcov.
- July 2, 2021 – 13:00-22:00
- July 3, 2021 – 05:00-06:30
5. Race StartThe race starts on July 3, 2021 at 8:00 at Erciyes Sarıgöl start point, Kayseri. Participants will be shuttled to Sarıgöl from Erciyes Ski Resort at 6:15, are required to be at the start area at least 30 minutes in advance, There will be changing rooms and a bag deposit. The deposited bags can be retrieved at the end of the race by showing the race bib. The Organization cannot be held responsible for any items left unattended in or outside of the bag deposit area.
6. Race RouteErciyes 25K Trail starts from Sarıgöl,Erciyes Volcano, and semi circumnavigate the Erciyes Volcano (3917m) and finishes at the Erciyes Ski Resort. Race passes throught the following points on Erciyes Mountain with a total distance of 25 km with a climbing of 1400 m+:
- Peri Kartın (Hacılar District)
- Erciyes Ski Resort (Melikgazi District)
7. Checkpoints and Time LimitsThere are 1 checkpoint along the race route. Passages from these point will be timed, and various refreshments will be available. The checkpoint has a time limit listed below. Participants who arrive a checkpoint after the designated time limit will not be allowed to continue.
|1. CP||11.3km||Peri Kartın||469||-601||03:30|
8. Environmental AwarenessThe race takes place in an important mountain terrain of Turkey with a natural ecosystem. Participants are therefore required to fully respect the natural environment, in particular by not throwing away rubbish, and harm the natural habitat. Acting otherwise shall lead to disqualification. In order to reduce the amount of garbage, there won’t be any plastic cups at the refreshment points. Participants are required to carry their own drinking cups or water bottles. Nature friendly waymarks are going to be used for marking of the route. Permanent waymarks will not be used. All waymarks will be cleaned up just after the race .Because of the circumstances outside of our control, lost and flied away pieces of waymarks will be dissolved in nature in 3 months.
9. Health and SafetyIn case of bad weather conditions, such as dense fog or storm, the organization reserves the right to make last minute changes in order to prevent potential hazards or difficult conditions for the participants. This may include suspending or cancelling the race, or making modifications to the route. The participants should obey these decisions. Any changes will be announced to the participants before the race, or at refreshment points during the race. Medical teams and ambulance will be present at the main refreshment stations and important points determined by the organization. Their exact location will be announced before the race. Medical personnel can check the participants during the race and decide to stop their race if deemed necessary for health reasons. The participants should obey these decisions.
10. Mandatory EquipmentDuring the race, the participants are obliged to carry the mandatory items listed below: Running Shoes
- Running Shoes
- Race bib (should be visible all times)
- Mobile phone (organization and emergency numbers should be present)
- Emergency blanket
- At least 1 lt of water
- Cup or water bottle (there won’t be plastic cups at refreshment points)
- Waterproof raincoat top with rain-hood
- Long sleeved Thermal top mid layer
- Hat, cap or bandana
- Self-adhesive, stretch band (min.1 m)
- Trail running shoes
- Food (e.g. energy gels or bars)
- Sun Glasses, sun protection cosmetics
11. Disqualification and Time PenaltiesThe following actions lead to immediate disqualification from the race:
- Not passing from any of the checkpoints.
- Taking a short cut or using a vehicle.
- Getting support except designated refreshment points.
- Failing to help a participant in difficulty.
- Throwing away rubbish or harming the natural habitat.
- Rejecting to be checked by the medical personnel.
- Not obeying the decisions given by the medical personnel or organization.
12. ResultsPartial results during and the official results after the race will be announced at skyerciyes.com web site. Results will be ranked in the following categories:
- Men/Women 40- (1982 - 2002)
- Men/Women 40+ (1980 - 1970)
- Men/Women 50+ (1970 and older)
13. PrizesThere are no cash prizes. Finisher medal for participants who successfully completed the race. For the age categories there will be a plate. Non-monetary prizes shall be awarded to the first 3 participants in the Men Overall, Women Overall categories.
- Men Overall
- Women Overall
14. Rights of Visual Material UseThe participants authorize the Organization to freely use any images and videos depicting them during the event.
15. Waiver of ResponsibilityVoluntary registration and subsequent participation in Erciyes Ultra Sky Trail indicates full acceptance of the rules and any changes they may have to undergo. By registering, the participant exempts the organizers from any liability, whether civil or criminal, for damage to persons and/or property caused by or to him/her.
Approved Runners' List
No items found