VK Rules and Regulations
Click here for the detailed information...
Rules and Regulations
1. General InformationErciyes Vertical kilometer is a trail run that takes places along the northern hills of the Erciyes Volcano (3917 m) in Kayseri. The distance is 4,5 km with an elavation gain of 1.000 m+ The race starts on July 1, 2022 at 9:00 in Erciyes Volcano / Hisarcık Gate-400m below of the first station of Yalçın Ski Lift. Participants should finish the route under 2 hours. Time limit for one check point (2,7 km, 2940 m) is 50 minutes.
2. ParticipationThe event is open to anyone aged 18 and over who are in possession of either (a) a valid medical certificate or (b) a valid license issued by a related sports federation either of which does not expire before July 1, 2022 and indicates that the person can participate to long distance runs. These documents will be checked by the organization before the race. Participants are advised to be experienced about running on the paths and mountainous terrains.
a) Registration procedureOnly registered runners can participate to the event. Registration will only be available online at skyerciyes.com. Deadline for registration is June 18, 2022 or when the maximum number of 200 participants have registered. Organization has the right to register additional runners under certain conditions. A registration cannot be transferred, and organization will not allow another person to run on behalf of a registered participant.
b) Registration feeThe registration fee is 15 Euro until April 1, 2022, 20 Euro between April 2 - June 18, 2022.For participants who register after April 2, 2022 the registration fee is paid at registration time (or within 3 days for bank transfer). For participants who have registered before that date, the registration fee can be paid by one of the methods listed on the web site until June 18, 2022. The amount of the registration fee is based on the payment date. After April 2, 2022, the fee will be increased automatically. Registrations which are not paid until June 18, 2022 will be cancelled. Only registrations with full payment will be taken into consideration for the maximum participant limit. For the final participant list, priority will be given to registrations that have completed the payment process over registrations that pre-date these but are unpaid. Organization has the right to reduce this fee under certain conditions. Registration fee includes:
- Airport transfer before and after the race from/to Kayseri bus station, from/to Erciyes Mountain Ski Resort
- Race bib
- Race t-shirt
- Assistance and refreshments along the route
- Pasta party before the race
- Refreshments after the race
- Finisher medal for participants who successfully completed the race
c) CancellationRegistration fee will be refunded entirely within a month if a registration is cancelled before April 10, 2022. There won't be any refunds after this date. No refund of the registration fee will be made should the race be cancelled or interrupted due to reasons beyond the control of the organization, such as bad weather conditions. In the condition of cancellation due to health problems, registration fee will be refunded just only by producing a detailed health report.
4. Distribution of Race PacksRace packs including the race bibs will be distributed at the registration area front of Erciyes Corp., in Erciyes Tekir Plateau Ski Resort Erciyes A.Ş., on the dates listed below. You can find registration area at http://tinyurl.com/oyjqcov .
- June 30, 2022 – 10:00-24:00
- July 1, 2022 – 05:00-06:30
5. Race StartThe race starts on July 1, 2022 at 9:00 in Erciyes Volcano / Hisarcık Gate-400 m. below of the first station of Yalçın Ski Lift. Participants are required to be at the start area at least 30 minutes in advance, i.e. before 8:30. If the partipiciant number is more than a limit, there can be different starts with 20 mins time interval.Organisation will be given more details before the race day, There will be changing rooms and a bag deposit. The deposited bags can be retrieved at the end of the race by showing the race bib. The Organization cannot be held responsible for any items left unattended in or outside of the bag deposit area.
6. Race RouteErciyes 25K Trail starts from Erciyes Volcano / Hisarcık Gate-400m below of the first station of Yalçın Ski Lift and finishes at the Upper station of the Ottoman ski lift (3350 m) with a total distance of 4,5 km with a climbing of 1000 m+. There is a check point on the 2, 7 km, 2940 m with the medical support, food and drinks. Medical personnel can check the participants during the race and decide to stop their race if deemed necessary for health reasons. The participants should obey these decisions. Supporters can accompany the participants by running within 200 m before and after a checkpoint. Getting support outside the checkpoint is not allowed. Vehicles (or rescue teams) shall be present to pick up the participants that withdraw or are injured and take them back to the organization area. There is a dirt road connection between start point, check point, and finish point.
7. Environmental AwarenessThe race takes place in an important mountain terrain of Turkey with a natural ecosystem. Participants are therefore required to fully respect the natural environment, in particular by not throwing away rubbish, and harm the natural habitat. Acting otherwise shall lead to disqualification. In order to reduce the amount of garbage, there won't be any plastic cups at the refreshment points. Participants are required to carry their own drinking cups or water bottles. Nature friendly waymarks are going to be used for marking of the route. Permanent waymarks will not be used. All waymarks will be cleaned up just after the race.
9. Health and SafetyIn case of bad weather conditions, such as dense fog or storm, the organization reserves the right to make last minute changes in order to prevent potential hazards or difficult conditions for the participants. This may include suspending or cancelling the race, or making modifications to the route. The participants should obey these decisions. Any changes will be announced to the participants before the race, or at refreshment points during the race. Medical teams and ambulance will be present at the main refreshment stations and important points determined by the organization. Their exact location will be announced before the race. Medical personnel can check the participants during the race and decide to stop their race if deemed necessary for health reasons. The participants should obey these decisions.
10. Mandatory EquipmentDuring the race, the participants are obliged to carry the mandatory items listed below:
- Running Shoes
- Race bib (should be visible all times)
- Waterproof raincoat top with rain-hood ,
- Trail running shoes
- Food (e.g. energy gels or bars)
- Sun Glasses, sun protection cosmetics
- Hat, cap or bandana
11. Disqualification and Time PenaltiesThe following actions lead to immediate disqualification from the race:
- Not passing from any of the checkpoints.
- Taking a short cut or using a vehicle.
- Getting support except designated refreshment points.
- Failing to help a participant in difficulty.
- Throwing away rubbish or harming the natural habitat.
- Rejecting to be checked by the medical personnel.
- Not obeying the decisions given by the medical personnel or organization.
12. ResultsPartial results during and the official results after the race will be announced at skyerciyes.com web site. Results will be ranked in the following categories:
- Men/Women 40- (1983-2003)
- Men/Women 40+ (1981-1971)
- Men/Women 50+ (1971 and older)
13. PrizesThere are no cash prizes. Finisher medal for participants who successfully completed the race. For the age categories there will be a plate. Non-monetary prizes shall be awarded to the first 3 participants in the Men Overall, Women Overall categories.
- Men Overall
- Women Overall